Blog design and digital scrapbooking elements created by Adori Graphics »

Monday, May 23, 2011

Happy Graduation!!!

As I mentioned in an earlier post, my husband graduated from the local ADN program.  He's worked extremely hard during the past 2 years to get through the Nursing program - and during the couple years leading up to the program to get all of the requirements needed to be accepted into the program.  Needless to say, I am extremely proud of him for his hard work and dedication to get where he is today.  I know he will make an excellent nurse and his future patients will love him.

So, to celebrate his graduation, I made him this card.  This is a standard A2 size card.  I made this card a few weeks ago while I was at the Scrapbook Retreat I attended.  I can't recall which cartridge I cut the owl from...sorry.  I did use pop-dots to add a bit of dimension to the owl...didn't want him to be totally flat.

For the eyes I used Glossy Accents to give the eyes a bit of shine and used my I-Rock tool to add some 'bling' in the center of the eyes.  The graduation cap is from a set of embellies that I bought at Archiver's.

The paper is from my paper stash.  I'm pretty sure the embossing folder is from the Oriental Weave embossing folder set - I used it on the background layer and added some twine to be the 'branches'.  The sentiment is from the My Pink Stamper Happiest Moments set.

Have a great day....
 

0 Crafty Comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your thoughts - Thanks for stopping by!

Powered by Blogger.
 
Free blog design by Adori Graphics using the Carefree Summer digiscrapping kit by Adorible Digital Designs