Blog design and digital scrapbooking elements created by Adori Graphics »

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Treat Bags

At the end of April, I headed to a Scrapbook Retreat with my MIL and some girlfriends.  This is the 3rd year we've attended the retreat - and we always have a great time.  This year, I decided to make a few treats for the girls using my Imagine.

First, I made the cute little tote bags.  I got the bags at Michael's for $1 and bought some iron on Fabric Transfer paper at WalMart.  I made 4 bags - 1 for each of the girls in our group and one for myself.

I printed the phrase from the Cricut Everyday cartridge (Circle exclusive)....as well as the bughead.  I filled the bags with a few miscellaneous stamps, stickers, and embellies that I found at Michael's.

I also made a couple T-Shirts using the same Transfer Paper for my Mother-in-Law.  Unfortunately, I forgot to take pictures before I gave them to her...but they were a hit.  For Christmas, my hubby and I gave her a Gypsy, so I used the Cricut Everyday cartridge to print out the "Love my Gypsy" phrase for the 1st shirt and another phrase for the other shirt (oops...I can't remember what phrase I used for the 2nd one right now.)

I also added in the tins I got at Michael's that I filled with pretzels.  I added the magnets to the top of the tins.  I bought the magnet paper at AC Moore and used my Imagine to print the images on the magnet paper as well as to cut the images out.  I really like how the magnets turned out - although they are not very strong magnets, I think they will hold up pretty well.  The "Snappin' Good Time" image is from the Imagine More Cards cartridge and the bug head is from the Cricut Everyday cartridge.

Here is a pic of the 4 bags along with one of the tins with the magnets attached.  I really enjoyed playing with the Cricut Everyday cartridge and doing something a bit different with the magnet paper and the iron on transfers.


Thanks for taking a peek... Hope you have a great day.
 

2 Crafty Comments:

Audrey Frelx said...

Hi, girlfriend! What an incentive!!! I didn't care for my cart when I go it because I could figure out what I'd use for after I did calling cards for CHA this year -- now I'm generating a few other ideas thanks to your adorable projects!!! TFS!

Anonymous said...

Such great gifts. Love your ideas.

Post a Comment

I love hearing your thoughts - Thanks for stopping by!

Powered by Blogger.
 
Free blog design by Adori Graphics using the Carefree Summer digiscrapping kit by Adorible Digital Designs