Blog design and digital scrapbooking elements created by Adori Graphics »

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Back from the Retreat

As I mentioned in my previous post, I went to a Scrapbook Retreat for the weekend.  The Retreat was held at Camp Dogwood in NC.  We headed out on Thursday morning....we had a great time and I got so much accomplished.  I got home from the Retreat on Sunday afternoon - had 4 day mini-vacation (so relaxing) of doing nothing but scrapbooking.  :-) 
My primary goal during the retreat was to finish the album I've been working on for some dear friends of their wedding.  I'm happy (and proud) to say....I DID IT!!!  I was able to finish up the album on Sunday just before heading out.  I stayed up until 3:30 am Saturday night (rather Sun morning) so I could be sure I would finish....though I was extremely tired and only got 4 hours sleep that night, I got it done.

I cannot wait to give them the album this coming weekend.  It was originally intended as a Christmas gift; however, I wasn't able to get it done in time.  I did give them the album for Christmas and showed them what was done at that point of time but then told them they had to leave it with me so I could finish it up.  And I'm thrilled that I can finally give it to them....just in time for Easter. (just a tad late - lol)

I'll take a couple pictures of some of my favorite layouts and post them this weekend.  I don't want to post too many as it isn't my album and the pictures aren 't of me....so I want to be sure to respect their privacy.

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend and got lots of crafting/scrapbooking done!

3 Crafty Comments:

Audrey Frelx said...

Welcome back!!! Glad to hear you had a great time. Sooo...., will we get a chance to see the album before you give it up? LOL!

Btw, love your new blog look!

Jess (aka Sparksgal) said...

Hey Audrey - I'm going to try and post a few pics of some of the layouts this weekend before I give it up. :) Glad u like the new blog look...I thought it was sort of springy.

Audrey Frelx said...

Hey, Sparksgal, are you off on another retreat? LOL!!! Thought I'd just drop in to check on you and say hello.

Hugs!

Post a Comment

I love hearing your thoughts - Thanks for stopping by!

Powered by Blogger.
 
Free blog design by Adori Graphics using the Carefree Summer digiscrapping kit by Adorible Digital Designs