Blog design and digital scrapbooking elements created by Adori Graphics »

Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Baby Shower Card

Hi there -

This is one of the cards I made over the weekend.  My MIL is throwing a baby shower for a friend of ours this coming Saturday.  Unfortunately, I already had plans to go see the musical Wicked this Saturday....so I won't be able to attend the shower.

However, I did want to help celebrate this joyous occasion so I dropped off my gift at my MIL's house on Sunday along with the card.  I was so thrilled with how this card turned out -- I think it is toad-ally cute. :-)  I wanted to use a frog on the card as she is doing the baby's room in a tropical theme and is using frogs.

I used my Gypsy to design the card using the Celebrations and Create a Critter cartridges.  First, I selected the base card from the Celebrations cartridge.  I used the card feature and selected the cupcake key.  Using the Hide Contour feature, I hid the cupcake so I would end up with a solid card.  The card is cut at 9.47" high...this created a card that is just shy of 5 x 5".  Next I cut the frog from the Create a Critter cartridge at 2.5".  I cut out all layers for the frog, including the shadow at 2.5".  The only feature key I did not use for the frog was the phrase feature.  I cut the word cloud using the phrase feature key and the pig key.  I cut the cloud at 1.79" and at 2.03" for the shadow.  I used various cardstock for the card.  The lily pad was cut from a Die Cuts with a View pad.  The top half of the base layer was cut from a Baby Boy pack I got at Big Lots.  The bottom base of the card, frog layers, and word cloud were all cut from plain cardstock.  I added a bit of ribbon so you wouldn't see the seam where the background layers were joined.  And I added some doodling to the frog's belly and the word cloud for a bit more detail.  I also put white cardstock behind the frog's eyes as I didn't want them red and then added the black pupil part with a marker.  The sentiment was from the 'All Occasions' stamp set by Inkadinkadoo and was stamped using Inkadinkadoo chalk ink from the Earth Tones set.  On the inside I stamped another sentiment that reads "Babies are such Sweet Beginnings " from the Simple Thoughts - Baby stamp set by Cloud 9 Designs.  (I forgot to take a picture of the inside.)

Hope you are having a great week.....

1 Crafty Comments:

Beebeebabs said...

Very cute card tfs

Post a Comment

I love hearing your thoughts - Thanks for stopping by!

Powered by Blogger.
 
Free blog design by Adori Graphics using the Carefree Summer digiscrapping kit by Adorible Digital Designs