Blog design and digital scrapbooking elements created by Adori Graphics »

Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Fabulous!

This is a card that I've been wanting to make for a couple weeks but didn't get around to finishing until this weekend.  I've been dying to use my Forever Young cartridge and make one of the "fabulous" and "hip" woman cuts.

This is a 5 x 7" card.  Unfortunately, I don't remember what size the woman or the sentiment is cut at as I cut these out a couple weeks ago while I was at a crop.  I'm thinking they were cut around 6"....but I could be wrong.  The base of the card is a sheet of purple cardstock cut to 10 x 7" and folded in half to create a 5 x 7" card.  The mat is from the DCWV Latte Matstack.  The paper used for the sentiment and the mat under the sentiment is also from this matstack.  I love the papers in this stack - they are really soft looking.

The dress is cut from a light purple cardstock and the flowers on her dress and pocketbook are cut from a yellow cardstock.  The band at the bottom of her skirt and part of the flower at her waist are cut from a scrap sheet of paper left over after cutting the sentiment.

To add some detail, I used a Souffle pen in purple to add the hair band and her shoes.  I also used an orange pen to add the center of the flower on her pocketbook.  I also added some bling to the yellow flower at her waist with Diamond stickles and to the handle of her pocketbook with Starry Night stickles.  I used an EK Success border punch to add a bit of detail to the mat for the sentiment.

I really like how this turned out and have a dear friend in mind to give this.  Have a great day..

0 Crafty Comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your thoughts - Thanks for stopping by!

Powered by Blogger.
 
Free blog design by Adori Graphics using the Carefree Summer digiscrapping kit by Adorible Digital Designs