Blog design and digital scrapbooking elements created by Adori Graphics »

Monday, June 14, 2010

Shower Favors

I got the Bridal Shower favors for this coming Saturday done.  Now I just need to make one of the purses from the Forever Young cartridge to hold the favors...and do that times 15. :)

"Candle Pops"
First, I made some "Candle Pops" that I found on Audrey's blog (Cute and Some).  To make these, I bought some tealight candles at Target in purple and white (wedding colors).  Then I attached a lollipop stick to the bottom of the tealight with my hot glue gun.  I then cut 1" circles out of adhesive labels to cover the back - to hide the stick and hot glue.  Lastly, I wrapped a piece of tulle around the 'pop' and tied it with a ribbon.  For the purple tealights, I used white tulle and a light purple ribbon.  For the white candles, I used purple tulle and white ribbon.

Altered RSVP Pen
I also made some Altered RSVP pens.  I got the idea from the SplitcoastStampers site....you can view the tutorial here.  However, instead of using designer paper, I used some Avery labels and stamped them.  I then adhered the stamped label to the ink barrel.

Post-It Note Holder - Matchbook Style
I then made some Post-It Note holders.  Again, I got this idea from the SplitcoastStampers site....tutorial can be viewed here.  To fit a 3 x 3" post-it note, I cut the white cardstock at 3 1/8" x 9 1/4" and then scored it at 3 3/8", 3 3/4", and 7 3/4".  I used 2 different EK Success border punches on the bottom flap and added some purple ribbon.  For the cover, I cut some dark purple cardstock at 3 x 3", then layered some lighter purple cardstock, cut at 2 3/4 x 2 3/4".  I inked the edges of both pieces, and the tag, with VersaMagic Chalk Ink in Purple Hydrangea.

Next, I cut the "Thank You" from light purple cardstock at 1 1/2" using my gypsy and the Tie the Knot cartridge.  I used the gypsy so I could use the hide contour feature to hide the little hole/opening that is supposed to be at the top of the tag.  I then used hide contour to hide the wording so I could get a solid tag and cut it in white so I could layer it behind the purple tag.  I used "Fabric Fancies" Flowers in Opal, from Prima, to add a 'final' touch.  For the center of the flowers, I added a metallic purple brad to some and a purple skittle to others.  I used different combination's for the flowers.  I used a Zot dot to adhere the flowers and pop dots to adhere the tag.

All in all, I got quite a bit accomplished yesterday.  Now, I just have to finish the 'holders' for the favors and order the cupcakes.  Work is going to be crazy busy this week and I'm sure I'll be working late most nights, so not sure when I'll be able to fit it all in yet.  Luckily, I have a crop to go to Friday night, so I may have to work on all 15 purses during crop so I can get them done in time for the Shower Saturday.

Have a great day!

3 Crafty Comments:

Stacy said...

These are all too cute. You have been busy, and it sounds like your are going to stay that way for a lil while.
Be sure to take a break now and then.
Stacy

Audrey Frelx said...

You did a fantastic job on all your favors!!! Some bride-to-be is just going to be elated!!!

I love the tulle on the candle-pops too; so pretty!!!

Audrey Frelx said...

Sparksgal, hadn't heard from you or seen you in weeks! Wanted to say hello, and I hope all's well!

Post a Comment

I love hearing your thoughts - Thanks for stopping by!

Powered by Blogger.
 
Free blog design by Adori Graphics using the Carefree Summer digiscrapping kit by Adorible Digital Designs