Blog design and digital scrapbooking elements created by Adori Graphics »

Saturday, August 29, 2009

Bridal Shower Card & Tags

Well, it's been a long week and unfortunately I didn't get much "crafting" done this week...although I did spend some time on the Cricut message boards.

Friday night, I did finally manage to play with my E for a bit. I made a bridal shower card and some gift tags as I was attending a bridal shower on Saturday afternoon. The bride-to-be is marrying my husbands best friend -- they have been friends for a LONG time and are more like brothers than friends. The groom and bride-to-be are very dear to us and we love them dearly. I am so thrilled for the two of them -- they are a very sweet couple and I wish them a lifetime of love and happiness.

The gift tags were made using the Sweethearts cartridge. The background tag was cut from DCWV Indian Summer Fall Glitter Matstack with Glitter at 3 1/2" with the Shadow feature. The front portion of the tag was also cut at 3 1/2" (no shadow) from My Mind's Eye Simply Delightful scrapbook pad.


I really LOVE how they turned out - they are very simple but still elegant. I love the little extra "bling" the glitter cardstock adds to the cutouts. They also coordinated well with the wrapping paper for the gift.



Below is the card I made to accompany the gifts… For the card, I used a 5 x 7 greeting card and envelope from a package I bought at Wal-Mart. I used the same paper from the front of the tags to cover the front of the card. I then combined 3 flowers from a container of Bride’s table confetti using my Crop-A-Dile and an eyelet. Before I layered the 3 flowers to make 1, I colored one of the 3 flowers with a teal colored pencil and placed the colored flower in between the 2 white flowers.

I was originally going to create a card with a bride cut-out using the card feature on the Sweethearts cartridge, but didn't like the way the card turned out once cut. So, I used the cut-out of the bride as my die-cut for the card below. The card was cut at 5 1/2"...I'm not sure what size the bride is exactly.

I ran the skirt through my Xyron 2 1/2” sticker maker upside down and then covered it with Crystal Snow Ultra Fine glitter from Stampendous. I used the same glitter on the ribbon flowing from the bouquet and for the veil area. I used Cotton Candy Stickles for the flowers of the bouquet.


On the inside of the card, I used my printer to print out the sentiment and then taped the sheet of paper to the inside.

The sentiment reads:

“With best wishes
for a beautiful wedding day
and a wonderful married life.”

I’m pretty happy and pleased with how it all turned out and had a great time making these.

I would love to hear your thoughts....please leave me a comment.

0 Crafty Comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your thoughts - Thanks for stopping by!

Powered by Blogger.
 
Free blog design by Adori Graphics using the Carefree Summer digiscrapping kit by Adorible Digital Designs