Blog design and digital scrapbooking elements created by Adori Graphics »

Sunday, May 30, 2010

My Pink Stamper Challenge - Father's Day

Robyn over at My Pink Stamper posted a challenge to make a Father's Day project.  Those who participate in the challenge and link their project to her post will be entered in a drawing for a Cricut Expression donated by ProvoCraft.

Since I still hadn't made my dad a Father's Day card yet, I thought this would be the perfect opportunity, and motivation, to get it done.  I left the card pretty simple...but I really like how it turned out.

For this card, I used the Wild Card cartridge.  I cut the "Happy Father's Day" phrase from a dark red Coordination's cardstock using the phrase feature key at 5.32".  The card base is cut using the same key that has the "Happy Father's Day" phrase on it at 5.63" - no feature key selected.  I cut the base layer twice.  Once out of the Best Occasions cardstock (sorry - don't remember the stack name) with the window opening and once out of brown cardstock with the window hidden using the Hide Contour feature.  The frame around the window was cut from Best Occasions cardstock using the frame feature key and the same key as the previous two cuts.  It was cut at 5.91".  In order to make the wording "pop" a bit - I used the inside cut from the frame piece and cut it down so the phrase fit but still let a bit of the brown cardstock show around the edges.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful Memorial Day weekend!  I've been relaxing and spending some time in my craft room and on my Gypsy.  I got a couple things done this weekend so will try to get those items posted during the week.  Have a wonderful day....

0 Crafty Comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your thoughts - Thanks for stopping by!

Powered by Blogger.
 
Free blog design by Adori Graphics using the Carefree Summer digiscrapping kit by Adorible Digital Designs