Blog design and digital scrapbooking elements created by Adori Graphics »

Sunday, January 31, 2010

A Couple of Cards

A co-worker's nearly 4 year-old daughter has been pretty sick the last couple of weeks - she's been diagnosed with Henoch–Schönlein purpura.  A group of us wanted to let them know we were thinking of them so we took up a collection to get some frozen meals for them so mom wouldn't have to worry about cooking and could focus on her daughter and family.  To go along with the gift, I made a couple cards for everyone to sign and let them know our thoughts and prayers are with them.

Card # 1 -- Thinking of You

This card is a pretty simple one to make.

Supplies:
  • Brown Cardstock
  • Beige Cardstock
  • Brown Ribbon
  • DCWV Garden Party Matstack
  • Winter Woodland Cartridge
  • Best Occasions Greeting Card (5x7")
For the base of the card, I used a greeting card from a box of Best Occasions cards that I have.  I then cut a brown piece of cardstock to size and covered the front so it left a slight white border.  Next, I selected the green with brown mat from the DCWV Garden Party Matstack.  Before gluing this down on the brown cardstock, I wrapped the ribbon around the top, tied a bown, and then I adhered the mat to the brown background. 

Next, using my Winter Woodland cartridge, I cut the scalloped circle and a shadow layer.  (Sorry, I don't remember what size I cut it at.)  To cut the scallop circle, I used the Shadow and Blackout features of the Snowflake1 key on page 32.  Before adhering the beige blackout layer to the shadow layer, I ran it through my printer so I could print the sentiment.  After printing the sentiment, I adhered the beige scallop to the shadow layer and then used pop-dots to adhere to the card and give it some dimension.  Hope you like it.

Card #2 - Get Well Soon

I made this card more for my co-workers daughter - we figured she would like Winnie the Pooh.

Supplies:
  • Colored Cardstock -- Dark Green, Light Green, Red, Yellow, Black, White, and Beige
  • Don Juan Cartridge
  • Disney(c) Pooh & Friends Cartridge
  • Stickles - Diamond & Candy Cane
  • Decorative Edge Scissors
  • Design Studio
First, I took the dark green cardstock and folded it in half using my bone folder.  Next, I used some decorative edge scissors along the bottom front of the card.

I cut the sleeping Winnie the Pooh (on page 20 of the handbook) using yellow cardstock.  I also cut out the shadow using black cardstock.  (Sorry - I don't remember what size I cut this at.)  Next, I cut out the shirt, nightcap and ball using the layer keys.  I cut the shirt and nightcap from red cardstock and the ball for the top of the nightcap from black cardstock.  I also cut out the bouquet of flowers (on page 27 of the handbook) using the light green cardstock and cut the flower layer from red cardstock.  I also cut out the shadow layer in white.

Next, using the Don Juan cartridge, I cut out the Get Well Soon sentiment from the yellow and red cardstock.  I welded the letters using Design Studio.  I cut the sentiment out twice - once for the bottom layer and the 2nd for the top.  I used pop-dots to adhere the 2nd (top) layer as I wanted to give some dimension to the letters.

Once I finished all the cuts, it was time to assemble the card.  I assembled the Winnie the Pooh layers and adhered Pooh to the front of the card.  I also adhered the sentiment to the front.  Using the Diamond stickles, I added some blink to the ball at the end of the nightcap.

For the inside, I cut some beige cardstock down to size, leaving a slight green border, so everyone could sign the card.  I assembled the flower bouquet and adhered it to the inside corner and embellished the flowers using the Candy Cane stickles to add some more bling.

Hope you've enjoyed these cards.  Thanks for taking a look!

0 Crafty Comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your thoughts - Thanks for stopping by!

Powered by Blogger.
 
Free blog design by Adori Graphics using the Carefree Summer digiscrapping kit by Adorible Digital Designs