Blog design and digital scrapbooking elements created by Adori Graphics »

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Simple & Elegant Birthday Card


Tomorrow, or rather today (as I realize what time it is), is the birthday of a friend and co-worker.  I had planned on making her a card tonight after I got home from work; however, as I didn't get home until after 11 pm (after a 13 1/2 hr day) I really debated on doing so.  Even my hubby said, "Go buy a card - you have to stop on the way to work to fill up your car."  As tired as I was, I decided to go ahead and go with my original plan and make her a card.  My goal is to make more cards and buy less - especially since I have a ton of paper and keep buying more and more scrapbook materials. :-)

I originally started out with another card - but after getting almost done, decided I didn't like the colors of the card and how it turned out.  So, I started over and ended up with the one pictured.  It's very simple...but I like how it turned out.  I hope she does as well.

Sorry the pics aren't that great - but my camera battery is about dead and I wanted to be sure to take the pictures and post them before I take the card to work tomorrow and give it to her.



Supplies:
  • Pink Textured Carstock
  • DCWV - the All Dressed Up stack
  • Prima Flowers
  • Creative Memories Delight Title Stickers
To make the card, I took a  12x12 sheet of textured pink cardstock and cut it down to an A2 size card.  After I scored and folded the card, I then cut off about an inch from the ede of the front.  I then selected my paper from the All Dressed Up stack (I LOVE this stack - has a bunch of glitter paper) and cut the 2 sections from the same sheet of paper to cover the front of the card that can be seen.  Next I adhered a Prima flower to overlap the edge of the front with Fabri-Tac and added a little rhinestone to the center.  On the inside, I selected the "Happy Birthday" sentiment from the Creative Memories Title Sticker set and adhered it.

Thanks for stopping by and taking a look.  Hope you enjoy!



0 Crafty Comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your thoughts - Thanks for stopping by!

Powered by Blogger.
 
Free blog design by Adori Graphics using the Carefree Summer digiscrapping kit by Adorible Digital Designs