Blog design and digital scrapbooking elements created by Adori Graphics »

Monday, January 04, 2010

nook

This post isn't craft related but I'm so excited right now I just had to share.  My Barnes & Noble e-reader, the nook, arrived today.  My mom and dad bought it for me as a combined birthday/Christmas present and we ordered it while I was home for Thanksgiving knowing they were on back order and I wouldn't get it until January 2010.  Well, after patiently waiting...and stalking the UPS site once mom forwarded me the tracking # yesterday, it finally arrived early this afternoon.  Unfortunately, I didn't get home until around 8 pm....all afternoon I could barely concentrate on anything but getting home to my nook.  :)

So far I'm loving it.  I followed the instructions for unpacking it, plugged it in and registered it.  I also downloaded some free books from the B&N booksite while it was charging....again no issues.  Now I'm patiently waiting for it to charge so I can start reading from it.  Note:  My impatience caused it to freeze up -- I tried to start reading before it was fully charged...even though the instructions say to let it fully charge before using the 1st time.  So I had to remove the back, remove the battery, and reset the nook.  So, now, it is again charging and I'm trying to be patient.

The only thing I had some trouble with is getting used to the keyboard....the keys are a bit small so I had some difficulty entering in my info...but once I got the hang of it, it was pretty easy to use.

If anyone else has one I'd be interested to hear about your experience(s).

0 Crafty Comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your thoughts - Thanks for stopping by!

Powered by Blogger.
 
Free blog design by Adori Graphics using the Carefree Summer digiscrapping kit by Adorible Digital Designs