Blog design and digital scrapbooking elements created by Adori Graphics »

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Time for Cards

I went to a crop last night hosted by a dear friend of mine, who is also a Creative Memories consultant.  Vicki holds the crops every month and I've been going faithfully since I started attending her crops last year.  I wasn't really in much of a scrappin' mood when I was heading over -- had a rough couple of days at work -- but once I got there I had a lot of fun (as always). :-)

Anyway, I didn't take much in the way of materials with me and figured I would go ahead and make a few cards.  In the 4 hours I was there, I made a total of 4 cards.  Not much...but I had a great time socializing and spending time with dear friends.

Here are the cards I made....

Simple Note Card

For the 1st card I used up the left over paper scraps from the Birthday card I made earlier in the week.

Supplies:
  • Black Carstock
  • DCWV - the All Dressed Up stack
  • Skittles
To make the card, I took a 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of black cardstock and cut it down to an A2 size card. After I scored and folded the card, I then cut off a portion from the right front edge. I then used some scrap paper I had from the All Dressed Up stack and cut the 2 sections from the same sheet of paper to cover the front of the card that can be seen. Next I adhered a some skittles to the insite of the flowers on the paper.

Celebrate Card

I love how this card turned out - it is so simple but I really love the paper.

Supplies:
  • Black Cardstock
  • DCWV - La Creme matstack
  • Creative Memories Valentine Power Palette
To make this card, I used the remaining half of the black cardstock from the Note Card I made.  I scored and folded it in half to create another A2 size card.  I again, cut off a portion of the front edge - about 1" or so.  I then selected 2 sheets of paper from the matstack - one for the front and one for the inside. 

For the outside cover I selected one of the papers with a velvet feel and trimmed the paper to fit in the center of the front - leaving just a slight border on either side.  For the inside, I selected a piece of paper that had a linen look to it.  I thought this would show off the sentiment best as well as be easy to write a message on.  I trimmed the selected paper to cover the entire inside. 

Last, I selected the "Celebrate" sticker from the CM Valentine Power Palette pack and adhered it to the inside of the card.

I figure this will make a nice, simple Birthday card...although it could also be used for any other celebratory occasion.

Friendship Card

The owl sticker in the CM Valentines Power Palette was so adorable that I just had to use him on a card.

Supplies:
  • Beige Cardstock
  • Brown Cardstock
  • Pink Ribbon
  • Hole Punch
  • Studio G Wooden Stamp with Friendship sentiment
  • Memento Ink in Rich Cocoa
  • Creative Memories Rotary Trimmer with Deckle Blade
  • Creative Memories Valentine Power Palette
I took an 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of Beige cardstock and cut it in 1/2.  I scored and folded it to create an A2 size card.  Next, I trimmed a piece of brown cardstock to cover a portion of the front.  I punched 2 holes in 'roughly' the middle at the bottom edge.  I then threaded my ribbon through the holes and extended it to the ends.  Then I glued down the brown cardstock.  Using the memento ink pad and stamp, I stamped the "friendship" sentiment under the brown cardstock.  I then used the Creative Memories Trimmer and Deckle Rotary Blade on a piece of scrap brown cardstock to create the bottom border and adhered it.  Last, I adhered the cute little owl to the front.

Valentines Card

The last card is a Valentines Day card and is a collaborative effort between myself and Vicki.

Supplies:
  • Brown Cardstock
  • Creative Memories Valentine Power Palette
  • Creative Memories "Love Struck" Border Punch
  • Creative Memores Rotary Trimmer with Deckle Blade
To make this card, I used the other half of the brown cardstock from the Friendship Note Card to create another A2 size card.  I covered the front with the pink and cream striped paper from the CM Valentine Power Palette pack.  Then using some more scrap brown cardstock, I trimmed off the 2 border pieces using the CM Rotary Trimmer with the Deckle Blade.  For the bottom border, I used the "Love Struck" border punch to add the little hearts.  I love this border punch - so much in fact, that I've ordered it.  I can't wait until it arrives.  Next, I adhered the sticker of the 2 love birds to the front.

On the inside, I covered the brown cardstock with white cardstock to make it easier to be able to write a message.  I selected the "Be Mine" sentiment sticker from the CM Valentine Power Palette and adhered it.  I used the hearts that I puched out from the border on the front on the corners for that "extra" touch.

Well, there you have all 4 cards.  I hope you've enjoyed them all.  I would love to hear what you think of them...so leave me a comment. :-)  Have a great weekend!


2 Crafty Comments:

Audrey Frelx said...

These are such cute cards! I'm waiting to see more!

I'll be seeing you!

RobinJ said...

Wonderful cards! I especially like the Owl Friendship card! Also wanted to let you know that I haven't received your email yet for my blog candy prize. Can you please resend it? I also really like your blog!

Post a Comment

I love hearing your thoughts - Thanks for stopping by!

Powered by Blogger.
 
Free blog design by Adori Graphics using the Carefree Summer digiscrapping kit by Adorible Digital Designs