Blog design and digital scrapbooking elements created by Adori Graphics »

Saturday, January 02, 2010

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year! 

I hope everyone had a joyous and blessed holiday season.  I've been MIA on my blog for a while now....work has kept me busy and I haven't had as much time to "play".  I've still been doing some crafting but not as much.  Additionally, with the holidays, time was limited for playing also...I'm sure everyone can relate.

Our Thanksgiving was nice....we made the trip to Missouri to visit my parents and brother.  It was a long drive (about 14 hours) but well worth it.  I had a great time and enjoyed spending time with my family.  It was my husbands first trip back to Missouri since he left in 2001 (after getting out of the military).  I've always gone back home to visit alone...but when we got married 2 1/2 years ago we decided we would change our holiday's around a bit and instead of spending all holidays with his family, who also reside in NC, we would spend Thanksgiving with my family and Christmas with his.  Unfortunately, that didn't work out so well the last 2 Thanksgivings for various reasons....but all fell into place this year and it was fabulous.

Our Christmas was nice as well.  My in-laws came over on Christmas Eve and my stepson was also with us.  We had a nice dinner and then exchanged our gifts.  My husband got me good -- I've been asking for a Blackberry cell phone for the last couple months and thought I had gotten it by the size of the box.  When I opened it, I found a box from my husband's current cell phone and it had a cable in it.  Not being a very technical person, I didn't realize it was an HDMI cable.  Turns out my hubby bought me a new TV for the bedroom -- an LCD HD t.v.  What a surprise!

New Year's Eve my in-laws came over and we hung out and played some Karoake Revolution.  I'm not a big karoake singer; however, I was having a great time.  New Year's Day we went to lunch with some dear friends and their adorable 4 year old twins.  And that evening, my husbands best friend, Brenden, and his wife, Kim, came over for dinner.  We had a great time catching up and spending time with our dearest friends.

Craft wise, as I mentioned, I haven't had much time.  However, for the last few weeks, I have been working on a scrapbook for my Brenden & Kim of their wedding.  They just got married in October 2009 and the scrapbook was intended to be their Christmas present.  It's not quite finished yet...but while they were here yesterday evening, I went ahead and gave it to them so they could get a preview and let them know that I would be finishing it up within the next couple weeks.  I enjoyed watching them flip through the pages and can't wait to give them the finished product.

For 2010, I hope to be able to spend more time on crafting and scrapbooking.  I'm already looking forward to working on all kinds of projects....so stay tuned.

I have several new Cricut cartridges that I look forward to working with.  My mother-in-law is also an avid scrapbooker and cricut owner....she gave me the Storybook and From My Kitchen cartridges for Christmas. I've been wanting the Storybook cartridge for forever and had been borrowing hers for the last couple weeks...now I have my own.  This past week, Michael's had their cartridges on sale...so I bought the Pagoda and Paisley cartridges.  Then, as luck would have it, Memory Miser had her cartridges on sale also and I bought the Destinations and Tie the Knot cartridges.  I can't wait to play with all my new cartridges.

0 Crafty Comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your thoughts - Thanks for stopping by!

Powered by Blogger.
 
Free blog design by Adori Graphics using the Carefree Summer digiscrapping kit by Adorible Digital Designs